Saturday, January 19, 2013

My Saturday night and Dr.Martin Luther King Jr.

Tonight I babysat five kids with the help of my friend Grace . The family I usually babysit for , and I have posted about there girls before and they have a son and there names are Teagan ,Harper (the twins) and Landon the girls are 4 and Landon is 6. Landon and the twins parents are best friends with another couple because they grew up together or something so there kids are best friends and so this other family (the best friends) and they have two kids named Julia and Owen and Julia is two and a half and Owen is 5 and they are best friends with the Kipker kids so the parents went out and left me with all there kids with my friend and my sister to watch and it was a total of five kids!!!! So we did things like watch movies and my friend took the girls and I took the boys and the boys were watching Telatubies and the girls were watching Tinker-bell and then they wanted to play hide and seek so we were all playing and then they were getting all out of hand so we had to make them all settle down, it is so hard watching five kids and we had to to chase them so we knew where they were and it was hard! So then we told Them if they wanted a night night snack then they had to go in the kitchen so thy did and we gave them Rita crackers And fruit cups! I am glad they chose healthy!! So then we put the girls to bed and the Bella was watching the boys and Grace was putting Julia to bed and i put Tegan and Harper to bed . I had to read them one book and sing them a song, I had To say a prayer and talk with them and for the boys I had to say a prayer and sing and get them a comfortable and it is hard work! Then i got to Relax! If you guys could pray for me my back really hurt because when we had jump team I was jumping and afterward my back hurt so thanks for praying! Also as you all know today is Martin Luther King JR day!! So I thought we could remember all that he did ..... His father Martin Luther King was a amazing man of peace and I think Martin Luther King Jr learned from his dad. Martin became a minister and he heard about Rosa Parks and the bus boycott inspired rosa parks and he started to give speeches and protesting against white people but not by Being violent only by Giving speeches and protesting by not going on buses in order to stop the dumb law that was back then about black people could not go on buses and also waiting outside restaurants because they weren't allowed in there to eat with the whites and Martin Luther King Jr was so Amazing to me because he only wanted peace and anyone that was boycotting with him could not use violence and it is really really to bad because when he was only 39 he got shot and its tragic because I think out country would have accepted color a lot faster if he wasn't killed. He still impacts us today though because he really showed America that peace was he answer he did not get a angry when people bombed his house well he did but not with violence only with powerful speeches and messages and boycotts it really worked by protesting a peaceful way people realized his side a few a lot faster then if he would have used violence. He won the Nobel Peace Prize and some of his inspiration was Gandhi and his dad and other people that wanted peace. I truly believe that out country would have not been the same with our hero here and I am very glad our president used his bible today for the Inauguration because it is important to honor such great Heroes and I am really glad Martin Luther King was one of the most amazing people in the world ! Thanks so much Dr.Martin Luther King Jr. For everything you did and you really changed so many people's life and we might not even have a African American President if it wasn't for him and our lives would be so much different so let's appreciate him today and say thank you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr!
<3 Syd







1 comment:

Anita said...

I'm glad you survived the evening of babysitting for all the kids!
I liked Martin Luther King, Jr too. He was a great man. You have a very good attitude toward folks of different races. I'm proud of you. I love you!